Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday

          Thunderstorms are forecast to continue to come this week, so Brad and I went to the airport to tie the plane down better.  Security is very tight and it was harder to get to the plane than it is in the U.S. We first went to the Commandancia. I showed him the aircraft documents and explained what we wanted to do. He then informed security of our plans. We had to give them our identification and go through metal detectors. Once we returned, we were given our driver’s licenses back. I have never had to go through this much security to get to our own airplane. From the airport we went to a store to get more supplies for the roof.  I was thankful to have Brad with me to do the talking. Brad was able to communicate in Spanish, and he actually did a better job of getting the materials than he does when he runs to Home Depot for Dad! We finished building the roof today. There were two reasons for this project; the first was to protect the pool filtration system from the elements. The second was to keep children away from the chemicals. This evening Brad and I ventured into town on our own. There is a new Wal-Mart in La Paz.  While in town, Brad and I had to stop out of curiosity. We wondered how a Wal-Mart in Mexico compared to one in the U.S. (We don’t get out much.)



See Mom, we did use masks


This is before we put the wire on the front.
Dad, does it look ok ?





It takes very little to entertain us!

6 comments:

  1. Brad is speaking for Craig? I love it!
    Keep up the good work, Brad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the point of having a door when you can just walk right in? Ha, Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A finished product...safety first :)
    Are we sure Brad is not speaking in tongues???
    So was the WalMart all you had hoped for?
    I am sure you will have so many more adventures to share. God never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you meant about the angles. That had to be a bit of a challenge, but it looks like you guys did a great job making it fit and look right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Brad, I bet that mask picture was staged just for Mom! (I hate wearing those things, too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brad and Craig, That cover you guys built over the pool pump and equipment looks fantastic! It is something that has been needed for a long time. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete