Thursday, October 15, 2009

Meals in Santa Teresa

I wasn't sure how I'd like the food in Santa Teresa and was concerned about getting sick and that it would interfere with flying.  So, I took power bars along and thought I could at least live off them.  However, I loved the meals, no one in our group got sick, and the powerbars are still in my bag!

Maria was in charge of the meals during the meetings. She worked hard with limited resources to feed everybody, with the majority of cooking done over open fires.  She is a great cook!






On the first day, they butchered a steer.



Brad and I making salsa after the power went out.

1 comment:

  1. give me foreign food over power bars anyday!

    Yess! I love the pic of the blender hooked up to the car battery! That is priceless-- esp. with the cute little kids in the corner.

    ReplyDelete