Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday

I’m so thankful for everything my dad has taught me about construction and how to fix things. Even though I didn’t plan to become a builder, I’ve enjoyed going to work with him and learning about residential building since I was quite young. It has been so much fun to be able to use these skills at the camp this week.

This morning Brad and I worked around the camp. We adjusted cabinet doors, fixed a screen, and installed a lock on a door. Two doors had been damaged by water and the outside skins were separating, so we were able to glue the skin back on and extend the life of them.

The worst of the two doors


We found enough clamps and concrete blocks to keep the door together untill it dried.




Everyone has been encouraging us to take some time off and go to the beach so this afternoon we traveled through La Paz to Tecolote Beach.

The entrance to La Paz

The ferry that runs between La Paz and the mainland

Tecolote Beach


No comments:

Post a Comment