Friday, October 16, 2009

Having the Time of My Life!

Originally, my dad was invited to go on this trip but couldn't because he had to work. So, I got to take his place. Dad, I hope you're working hard and getting a lot done! Before this trip to the mountains, I wondered if there would be enough work to keep me busy since I didn't have a specific job like the missionaries and pilots. I thought the only jobs I could do were construction and first aid.

I really enjoyed being able to assist the pilots, missionaries and Bible translator.  Some of my jobs included filtering the fuel and refueling the plane, helping with the children's class, filling our water tank, cooking, and going to the store to buy supplies. I've been busy working most of the time but it feels like I'm on vacation. I'm having the time of my life!

When we had free time, we were able to attend the meetings. I especially enjoyed hearing the Cora believers singing songs I know in their own language.






2 comments:

  1. Brad, you forgot to mention one of your most important jobs which is interpreting for Craig. We're really enjoying this blog, and look forward to hearing more about your experience and seeing all your pictures. We're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad -- God knew what he was doing all along!

    ReplyDelete